Adult Baja Blue Rock Lizard For Sale
The Adult Baja Blue Rock Lizard For Sale reaches up to 45 cm (18 in) long including the tail, and has a flattened body with small, smooth, granular scales and slightly keeled scales near the tail. The head is bluish with red to orange colors around the eyes, yellow neck with blue spots and streaks. The back of the tail is gray blue with darker cross bars. The coloration intensifies during the breeding season in both sexes. It prefers temperatures in excess of 90 °F and basks in direct sunlight on desert rocks. A very wary species, its flattened body allows it to quickly retreat into rock crevices to escape predators as well as inclement weather conditions. When threatened, it can extend a skin flap along its throat. Like many lizards, it is able to drop its tail when caught. It feeds on various insects, small lizards, blossoms, leaves, seeds, and small fruit. Occasional incidents of cannibalism on smaller individuals have been observed. Breeding takes place in the spring. 20 to 30 eggs are laid in late spring and summer, and hatchlings appear after 85 to 88 days in summer and early fall. Sexual maturity is reached after about 2 years with a life expectancy of 20 years. This species is locally abundant and occurs on several protected islands. It is currently in no need of special protection. However, its small range may make it vulnerable to disturbance.
- Petrosaurus thalassinus
- Long Term Captive Bred Beauties!
- 3 Adult Males Available
- Approximate Length: 11 to 15 Inches But Can Reach Up To 18 Inches In Length
- It Is Found In The Sierra La Laguna And Sierra La Trinidad Of Cape Region OF Baja California
- Amazing Blue Coloration On The Head And Yellow Around The Neck! But During Breeding Season With Both Males And Females The Color Intensifies Tremendously
- A Very Rare Lizard! These Will Not Last Long Due To Its Rarity
- Likes To Bask In Very Hot Temps Around 90-100 Degrees It Can Also Flatten Its Body To Retreat Into Rock Crevices When Approached By Predators And Can Drop Its Tail If Caught
- At Just 2 Years Old The Lizard Is Sexually Mature And The Female Can Lay Up To 20 Eggs In A Ditch Dug In The Ground
- Amazing Critters To Keep Its Almost like A Cross Between A Chuckwalla And Collard Lizard But With The Proper Work They Can Be Tame As A Bearded Dragon
- Feeding On Vitamin Dusted Crickets And Mealworms But Can Also Eat Blossoms, Leaves, Seeds, And Small Fruit